These books allow children to learn the power of prediction through engaging with the text and monitoring their understanding of what might happen next. These books can engage the inquisitive reader as they attempt to accurately predict the next steps while learning to modify their predictions along the way.
- Are You My Mother? by P. D. Eastman
- Bark, George by Jules Feiffer
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- Dear Miss LaRue: Letters from Obedience School by Mark Teague
- Mr. Grumpy’s Outing by John Burningham
- The Enormous Crocodile by Roald Dahl
- Who Took the Farmer’s Hat? by Joan L. Nodset