All of these stories focus on aspects of questioning, so that children can learn to clarify meaning and focus on important components of the text. These books will help children read with purpose, as they attempt to find the answers to thought-provoking questions.
- Big Al by Andrew Clements
- Charlie Anderson by Barbara Abercrombie
- Fly Away Home by Eve Bunting
- May I Bring a Friend? by Beatrice Schenk deReginiers
- The Sick Day by Patricia MacLachlan
- The Stranger by Chris Van Allsburg
- The Wednesday Surprise by Eve Bunting